Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges has been awarded the 2015 Open Research Award for Open Education Excellence, presented by the Open Education Consortium.
The report, authored by Boyoung Chae, Policy Associate, eLearning and Open Education, and Mark Jenkins, Director of eLearning and Open Education, is titled: “Qualitative Investigation of Faculty Open Educational Resource Usage in the Washington Community and Technical College System: Models for Support and Implementation.”
To see the official announcement, please visit the Open Education Consortium website.
SBCTC is extremely grateful to the 50 faculty members who participated in the interviews, as well as to the 770 faculty members who responded to the earlier survey—the results of which led directly to the current study.
We are proud to be part of a system of institutions and educators committed to increasing access to high quality education for everyone!
FREE WAMOE Course!
Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators
- Offered by Portland Community College & Desire2Learn OPEN COURSES
- Starts March 30th and runs for 5 weeks
- Goal 1: Build the personal knowledge base in web accessibility for each participant
- Goal 2: Create Accessible Photo Images, Diagrams, and Charts for Online Courses
- Goal 3: Create Accessible Audio and Video for Online Courses
- Goal 4: Create Accessible HTML Content for Online Courses
- Goal 5: Create Accessible Course Content in Other Formats
This is an excellent course! If you are at all interested in improving the accessibility of your course materials, please consider participating in this MOOC. For those that may be unfamiliar, a MOOC is a Massively Open Online Course. You may choose your level of participation by accessing the course just for the resources or by completing different levels of coursework to earn a completion certificate. And, it’s FREE!
South Puget Sound Community College
is looking for
for a one-day Canvas conference
Friday, March 27th, 2015
9:00AM – 3:00 PM (with a nice break for lunch)
Working Workshop Categories
- Basic Canvas
- Student engagement with Canvas
- Best practices using Canvas
- Canvas + (extra goodies you can add to Canvas)
To share the Canvas love, please complete this Google form
Questions? Contact Kathy Brooks & Rick McKinnon