You are invited to send a cross-functional team to the
1st Annual Teaching and Learning National Institute
Using Evidence for Improvement
July 31-August 4, 2016
The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington
This Institute is sponsored by Achieving the Dream, Inc., the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA), National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), Washington Center for Improving Undergraduate Education, and Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC)
At the Institute, your team will
- develop a plan for fostering a data-informed change initiative aimed at improving the quality of students’ experiences in courses and educational activities across the curriculum.
- construct a two-year action plan for implementation—informed by current research on student learning and learning-centered campus practices, grounded in the specific context and experiences of your campus.
- tackle concerns about attainment and achievement gaps
- explore strategies to raise the quality of student writing
- work to build students’ quantitative reasoning skills across disciplines
Participants will be supported in using assessment results and research to design action plans to address specific issues, while also developing the skills and know-how to support a broader campus culture of learning-centered, evidence-based improvement.
Cross-Functional Team Make-Up: The recommended team will consist of at least 3 faculty members (ideally representing different disciplines), an academic administrator, and at least one other person from your campus who is central to your planning, such as the director for the Center for Teaching and Learning (or the equivalent), an institutional researcher, an assessment leader, a student affairs professional, a librarian, or an educational technology specialist.
Cost: The cost for the 2016 TLNI is $1350 per team member.
Contact: Please contact Emily Lardner of the Washington Center for Improving Undergraduate Education for more information.