Quality Matters Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR for WA CTC’s)
SBCTC eLearning & Open Education proudly presents
APPLYING THE QUALITY MATTERS RUBRIC
Join us for an informative online workshop designed to help you understand the QM rubric!
What is this workshop about?
- The Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) workshop is QM’s flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and the process of using the QM Rubric to review online courses.
- In this course you’ll experience the process of applying the QM rubric to a real course.
- The APPQMR is the prerequisite for the Peer Reviewer Course, which is the required course to become a QM Peer Reviewer.
What will I learn?
In this workshop, participants will:
- Identify the underlying principles of QM.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Rubric, Fifth Edition, 2014 to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether the SPCH 1113 course meets selected QM Rubric Standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
Who should take this class?
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about using the Quality Matters rubric should take this class. There are no prerequisites for this course and it is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and adjunct instructors who wish to understand more about the QM Rubric and process of course review.
- It’s not just for hybrid & online instructors! This course will benefit instructors teaching in all modes, even face-to-face and web-enhanced.
What details do I need to know?
- Date: October 5th – October 24th
- Location: Online in QM’s Moodle
- Time Commitment: Approximately 20 -25 hours to complete. Please plan to work steadily throughout the session.
- Cost: FREE – SBCTC pays the workshop facilitators plus a technology fee to Quality Matters for each registered participant (a value of $150 to you) for first time participants.
How do I register?
- If you’d like to join us for this asynchronous online workshop, please fill-out the online sign-up form.
- Space is limited to 20 participants and is first come, first served!
- Please contact Alissa Sells at firstname.lastname@example.org.