SBCTC eLearning & Open Education proudly presents
IMPROVING YOUR ONLINE COURSE (IYOC)
Join us for an informative online workshop designed to help you improve your online or hybrid course!
What is the IYOC workshop about?
The “Improving Your Online Course” workshop explores the Quality Matters Rubric and provides a framework to improve the course design of online and blended courses. Participants use selected portions of the QM Rubric to review their own course and develop a course improvement plan.
The content is based on the 23 Essential Specific Review Standards of the Quality Matters Rubric. Participants come away with a plan for course improvement, so enrolling in the workshop with a pre-developed online or blended course is required.
What will I learn?
In this workshop, participants will:
- Identify QM’s foundational concepts.
- Apply the essential Standards of the Quality Matters Rubric to their own online or blended course.
- Describe the alignment of at least one module/unit in their online or blended course.
- Prioritize improvements to Their online or blended course.
Please note: This course is designed to help you improve an existing online or blended course, and is not for building a course from scratch.
Who should take this class?
- If you have a fully developed online or hybrid course that you’d like to improve, then this is the class for you.
- If you are building a new online or hybrid course from scratch, this is not the class for you.
What details do I need to know?
- Date: September 6th – September 25th
- Location: 100% Online in QM’s Moodle
- Time Commitment: Approximately 15-20 hours to complete. Please plan to meet course due dates and to work steadily throughout the session.
- Cost: FREE – SBCTC will pay the tuition for first-time participants (a $150 value to you!)
How do I register?
- If you’d like to join us for this online workshop, please fill-out the online sign-up form.
- Space is limited to 20 participants and is first come, first served!