SBCTC eLearning & Open Education proudly presents…
APPLYING THE QUALITY MATTERS RUBRIC (APPQMR)
Join us for an informative online workshop designed to help you understand the QM rubric!
What is the APPQMR workshop about?
- The Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) workshop is QM’s flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and the process of using the QM Rubric to review online courses.
- In this course you’ll experience the process of applying the QM rubric to a real course.
- APPQMR is the prerequisite for the Peer Reviewer workshop, which is the required course to become a QM Peer Reviewer.
What will I learn?
In this workshop, participants will:
- Identify the underlying principles of QM.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the 6th Edition QM Rubric to review an online course.
- Make decisions on whether the review course meets selected QM Rubric Standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
Who should take this class?
- Washington state community and technical college (WA CTC) faculty and staff interested in learning more about using the Quality Matters rubric should take this class. There are no prerequisites for this course and it is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to full-time faculty, adjunct faculty, instructional designers, staff, librarians, and administrators, who wish to understand more about the QM Rubric and process of course review.
- It’s not just for hybrid & online instructors! This course will benefit instructors teaching in all modes, even face-to-face and web-enhanced.
APPQMR vs. IYOC
What’s the difference between the APPQMR & IYOC workshops?
- Take the APPQMR workshop if you would like to see the QM Rubric applied to someone else’s course; if you are interested in seeing what a course looks like before a QM review, and again after incorporating reviewer comments; or if you are considering becoming a Peer Reviewer or facilitator.
- Take the IYOC workshop if you have already taken the APPQMR and need a refresher; if you want to practice applying the QM Rubric to your OWN class; or if you are interested in getting your feet wet, but not fully immersed!
What details do I need to know?
- Date: October 4th – October 23rd
- Location: Online in QM’s Moodle
- Time Commitment: Approximately 20 -25 hours to complete. Please plan to work steadily and meet due dates throughout the session.
- Cost: FREE – SBCTC will pay the tuition for first-time WA CTC participants – a $200 value to you!
How do I register?
- If you’d like to join us for this online workshop, please fill-out the online sign-up form.
- Space is limited to 20 participants and is first come, first served!
Please contact Alissa Sells at email@example.com with any questions.