Call for Proposals
IGNIS 2020 Webinar Series
The SBCTC Office of Educational Technology & Open Education is excited to offer a 7th season of IGNIS!
IGNIS is an annual webinar series featuring faculty, staff, and administrators from Washington State community and technical colleges who are successfully using instructional technology and/or innovative teaching practices to transform teaching and learning.
‘Ignis’ is the Latin word for ‘ignite’ or ‘spark’ and that’s exactly what this webinar series is all about … igniting your curiosity, sparking your imagination, and sharing the learning.
The 2020 IGNIS season will air on selected Thursdays from 2:00 – 3:00 PM from late March through early June. We invite you to submit a presentation proposal and/or nominate a presenter for the 2020 IGNIS season. Sky’s the limit for topics, but here are some ideas to help get you started:
- Accessible Course Design
- Active Learning
- Assessment Strategies
- Augmented Reality (AR)
- Change Management
- Communities of Practice (CoP)
- Competency-based Education (CBE)
- Course Alignment
- Creative Uses for Canvas or Canvas Tools
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Faculty & Staff Professional Development
- Favorite Online Tools
- Gamification in Learning
- Guided Pathways
- Higher Order Thinking
- Innovative Assignment Design
- Learning Science
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Personalized Learning
- Quality Assurance in Course Design
- Regular & Substantive Interaction
- Rubric Design
- Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL)
- Social Media in Instruction
- Student or Faculty Engagement
- Student Services
- Tenure Processes
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Virtual Reality (VR)
- Wild Card … Suggest Your Own Topic!
To submit a proposal, click the link above or copy & paste the link below into your browser.
Proposal submissions are requested by or before midnight on Monday, December 30th, 2019.
To view examples of previous IGNIS webinars, please visit the SBCTC IGNIS Webinar Series section of this blog. If you have questions, please contact Alissa Sells at firstname.lastname@example.org.